Each competitor is responsible for his/her own equipment, which must be in an unaltered state from the manufacturer.
On registration the competitor confirms that the material is suitable and conforms with the regulations and specifications set by the Austrian Federation. Each participant is obliged to carry his/her own equipment. During the running section participants have to secure their skis on the backpack using specific ski attachment points. Skis must be attached diagonally (left to right, or right to left). Carry options with skis separated are not allowed.
During competition material can only be replaced in case of damage or failure. This has to be identified by the nearest race official. The replacement of the material has to be reported immediately. The organisation will not provide any gear replacement.
The following equipment is mandatory for all participants:
- 1 pair of running shoes (may be left at the transition point when mounting skis)
- 1 pair of touring skis with approved binding (minimum weight 750g, ski + binding)
- 1 pair of skins (minimum)
- 1 pair of original (no alteration allowed) touring ski boots with a minimum of two buckles (minimum weight 500g)
- 1 layer of outerwear and underwear (race suit)
- 1 pair of gloves worn throughout the duration of the race
- 1 helmet (no cycling helmets allowed)
- 1 backpack – with ski mounting option
- 1 avalanche transceiver (ARVA) worn on the body throughout the duration of the race in transmitting mode
- 1 pair of crampons
- 1 harness and 1 Via Ferrata kit, which can be put on before the race or has to be stored inside the backpack.
- 1 pair of poles
- 1 litre of water (minimum) and further nutrition (this is a self-sufficient race with no refreshment points; no outside food or fluid assistance allowed)
- 1 pair of sun glasses (goggles)
- 1 windproof layer of outer- and underwear
- as needed
- 1 pair of outer gloves
- 1 softshell jacket
Subject to modifications